Friday, December 25, 2009

Jack Gabriel Epstein

Today was my nephew's bris, whose name is Jack Gabriel Epstein. When I first heard they were going to name him that, i thought- wow, i don't think I know any jews named Jack. But the more I think about it, the more I like it and realize how nice of a name it really is- a very 21st century name that I think fits well together. He is so freakin cute- it was tough to see him in so much pain, but some things just must be done, and this was unfortunately one of them. I cannot wait to see him tomorrow night- he looks different every time I see him, its astonishing how often baby's features change.

After the bris, I went to see The Young Victoria. Usually I am weary about costume historical dramas like this, but wow was I astonished at the story-line and acting in this film. Emily Blunt was fantastic and although it is going to be a tough Best Actress oscar race, I think she should and will get a nomination. Overall, the film was engaging and historical and intriguing and everything that I like about movies- why should I expect anything less from a film that Martin Scorcese allowed his name to be put on.

Should be a quiet weekend- probably going to start reading Dan Brown's new book, The Lost Symbol. If it's anywhere up to par with his other books, I am sure I will finish it by the end of the weekend.

Saw another trailer for Crazy Heart today, and I am so excited to see this film. It really seems like Jeff Bridges gives the performance of a lifetime and I always enjoy watching Maggie Gyllenhaal. Hopefully the film will not disappoint. Also, I heard from a friend (JM) that Sherlock Holmes was great and RDJ was fantastic (no surprise there)- so hopefully I will get a chance to see that soon as well.

Anyways, Happy holidays.

EP

No comments:

Post a Comment